We would like to take this time to assure you that we are implementing expanded protocols and measures regarding sterilization and overall safety at our office. We are committed to ensuring that our office is a safe and sterile environment for you to receive treatment. We are abiding by the recommended guidelines from the American Dental Association, California Department of Public Health, the California Dental Association, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We are also committed to remaining informed on the most recent guidelines and protocols, as suggested by the associations that govern our field.
We are doing the following to ensure a safe and sterile environment for our staff and patients:
- Screening all patients (prior to appointment over the phone, and when they present for appointment, temperature to be taken prior to entering clinical area)
- Ensuring all staff members wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), with emphasis on the clinical staff (doctors, hygienist, and clinical assistants)
- Large plastic sneeze guards/barriers have been placed at both check in and checkout counters
- Ensuring all staff members follow personal sterilization protocols, including thorough hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
- Daily screening of all staff members, including taking temperatures upon presenting for work; daily log to be maintained and stored in front office area
- Limiting companions accompanying patients to only when necessary
- Requiring all people who enter the office use hand sanitizer upon entry (hand sanitizing station in waiting room), and wear a face covering prior to entering and for the duration of their visit
- Hand sanitizer will be positioned in the reception area for you to use upon arrival. In addition to the reception area, hand sanitizer, tissues, and trash receptacles will be positioned throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- Using state-of-the-art multi-filtration units when working on patients. These units are called AEGIS Aerosol VacStations, and have a three-stage HEPA filtration system, which allows them to remove up to 99.97% of all airborne particles and pathogens (down to 0.3 micron size), greatly decreasing the potential spread of infections and diseases.
- Magazines in the waiting room have been removed since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Disinfecting the front office areas (including the waiting room, check in and check out areas, and bathroom) every 30 minutes and maintaining a log (to be kept in the bathroom)
- Team member processing payments will put on a fresh pair of gloves prior to handling card, and will keep gloves on for duration of processing payment; once completed, gloves will be discarded, and CC terminal sanitized (box of gloves and sanitizing spray and wipes stored near terminal)
- Posting various signs and notices throughout the office to keep our staff and patients informed
- Air purifiers stationed in the waiting room and the hallway of the treatment area to filter and purify the air in the common areas (Winix PlasmaWave C545 models)
- Encouraging patients to bring their own pens to their appointments (to use for any necessary paperwork), and will also be supplying single use pens to patients as needed (we will supply a brand new pen to patients as needed, and will ask that you keep them as they will not be reused)
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Allowing for greater time between patients to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Placing a couple of chairs outside directly across from our front door at 6 feet apart, to ensure social distancing while patients are waiting to be seen. And offering this seating as priority seating for necessary companions accompanying patients to their appointments, so that they need not enter the office.
Here are some helpful resources that support our protocols:
And if you have any questions regarding these protocols or anything else, we are here to help. Please feel free to call the office at 858-485-8380 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued trust in us!